Vets4Warriors’peer-to-peer support network has been connecting people, information, ideas and resources to generate powerful solutions for members of the military and veteran communities for more than five years. We believe that together there is no problem that can’t be solved and no challenge that cannot be overcome.
We keep challenges from turning into crises
Vets4Warriors, housed at the Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care National Call Center in New Jersey, is a one-of-a-kind 24/7 peer support network. Originally supported by the National Guard Bureau and the U.S. Department of Defense, today Vets4Warriors operates independently of the U.S. military, complementing official government resources available to service members and veterans. We are committed to ensuring that all veterans, service members, their families, and caregivers always have direct and immediate access to a peer who understands their life experiences and the challenges they face, and can provide support whenever they confront an issue, wherever they are in the world.
We believe that there is no physical, mental, or social challenge that we can’t help find a solution for. Regardless of the complexity of the issue, or how long it takes, we will continue to follow up, seek out possible avenues, and pursue different options until an answer is found. We go the extra mile.
Who we serve
We serve veterans of all generations and the entire military community, from those who just put on a uniform, to the caregiver of a veteran who has long since stopped wearing a uniform.
Connect to someone right now
No matter what your challenge is; whether you have a question about yourself, a friend, or a loved one, or just want to talk confidentially, we are here for you.
What to expect when you contact us:
- You will immediately be connected to a peer who is a veteran or a member of the military community
- We will listen, understand, and provide support
- Every conversation is 100% confidential
- Everyone we serve is welcome to remain anonymous
- There is no challenge that we won’t help you find a solution for
- We will remain connected and engaged with you after your initial contact, for as long as it takes, until the issue is resolved
Become an Ambassador
We are a collaborative community and we need your help.
- Make a difference in your own community
- Build relationships that will help to rebuild lives
- Join a network of your peers working to strengthen a nation
Vets4Warriors Ambassadors are volunteers who help us reach out across the country and directly connect those who are in need with those who are in a position to help.
- Should have a connection to the military; having worn the uniform, have a family member who has served, or have a strong personal passion for military service members
- Must have the patience, compassion and a temperament that allows you to support others, stigma-free
- Must have a minimum of five hours available each week to dedicate to your role as an ambassador
- Must be willing to proudly wear Vets4Warriors branded items (that we will provide) to help generate awareness and initiate a dialogue
What will I be doing as an ambassador?
- Raising awareness and sharing information about Vets4Warriors
- Attending and speaking at various forums on behalf of Vets4Warriors within your community
- Distributing Vets4Warriors promotional materials within your community (that we will provide) to help ensure that everyone who need us knows how to find us
- Participating in a regularly scheduled teleconference or webinar with other ambassadors and Vets4Warriors staff
- Participating in quarterly and semi-annual online ambassador training events
- Completing a monthly report (that we will provide) summarizing the connections you’ve made and the events and activities you’ve participated in while serving as an ambassador
- Helping us identify and develop best practices for increasing awareness and growing our community
Tell Roger About Your Experience
We'd love to hear about your experience with this organization. Please consider leaving a review to help us make Roger the best resource for veterans.Leave a Review of Vets4Warriors