Veterans Launching Ventures
Madison, NJ 07940 Get Directions
About Veterans Launching Ventures
Winter 2021 Registration is now OPEN! Classes Begin the 3rd week in January.
The winter online course runs from mid-January through mid-March.
The winter session classes are fully online.
If you’re a veteran, and the idea of being an entrepreneur excites you, Veterans Launching Ventures (VLV) is for you.
You will graduate from the course knowing:
- fundamental entrepreneurial skills needed in today’s business environment
- the competencies you need to launch your new business
- how to build a robust marketing plan
- how to develop financial projections for your new business
- how to develop a comprehensive business plan so you can make an informed decision about the feasability of starting your new business
- sharpen presentation skills
- how to develop an operations plan
- how to develop fundraising strategies
Who can apply for the course?
- Veterans and active duty servicepersons from all branches of the U.S. military
- All spouses and children of veterans may apply.
What makes VLV a great opportunity for veterans?
- VLV will give you the skills and support you need to seize entrepreneurial opportunities and launch a small business.
- VLV is offered in eight evening classes in the fall and spring.
- VLV is also available fully-online during the winter session
- Veterans enjoy a supportive collegial environment with other veterans.
- Each veteran is matched with his or her own consultant for individual guidance and support during the program. Consultants are successful entrepreneurs themselves.
- Each consultant will continue to assist / guide the veteran for a period of ten months following the completion of the course.
Register for winter, spring, or fall.
The certificate is offered in one of two formats: in-person or online.
- In-person instruction is offered in either the spring semester or the fall semester. All study materials are available online, and all homework is submitted online. In-person workshops are held on campus.
- The online version of the course is offered in the winter intersession from January to March and has no in-person meetings. All study is completed online. The curriculum is the same for both formats.
What is the cost?
- the VLV course is a free course opened to veterans and their families.
What to expect for the course.
At the first in-person session there will be an evening introductory workshop. You will be assigned a consultant, and meet him or her in person. Your consultant will be available for help and consultations throughout the course, and up to ten months after the course ends.
- Face-to-face workshops meet from 6 PM to 9 PM.
- Face-to-face workshops are held either on the Florham Campus in Madision, NJ or the Metropolitan Campus in Teaneck, NJ. The location varies depending on demand. Check the dates and locations on the application form.
- Attendance at all workshop sessions and graduation day is required.
- A light meal will be served at each on-site session.
- The syllabus is available upon request.
- During the last two weeks of the course, you will finalize your business plan presentations with the assistance of instructors and consultants.
On the final day of the program, students will present their business plans to faculty and consultants, followed by a graduation reception.
Tell Roger About Your Experience
We'd love to hear about your experience with this organization. Please consider leaving a review to help us make Roger the best resource for veterans.Leave a Review