Stop Soldier Suicide
About Stop Soldier Suicide
Figuring out where to turn can be a major barrier for service members and veterans seeking help. That’s where we come in.
Stop Soldier Suicide is the first national, veteran-owned-and-led 501(c)3 nonprofit focused on military suicide prevention.
With thousands of veteran service organizations, getting help can be difficult, confusing, and time-consuming.
Stop Soldier Suicide works 1-on-1 with troops, veterans, and military families to help navigate the maze of services, programs and assistance available.
We are an advocate in your corner. We find the right resources for your specific needs and track your progress for two years. We are with you every step of the way — and we won’t stop until you get the help you deserve. Our resources include:
- Mental health, PTSD and/or TBI referrals
- Housing assistance
- Alternative therapies (HBOT, art therapy, equine therapy, etc.)
- Education / GI Bill
- …and much more.
Stop Soldier Suicide serves all service members, veterans, and military family members from every branch and every generation, regardless of discharge status.
We’re leading the fight against veteran suicide – because this is personal.
We have lost too many of our brothers and sisters in arms — people we lived and served alongside and counted as family. Our promise is this: we will not stand by while our friends are in crisis. We will rally together as allies, as family, as a community to do everything in our power to change the data on veteran suicide.
We have a proactive and disruptive approach, focused on meeting at-risk individuals where they are. Our team provides personalized care and continued case management to help identify each individual’s specific needs. Whether it’s mental health support, housing assistance, or any other service, we work tirelessly to find the right and most effective tools.
A nation where service members & veterans have no greater risk for suicide than any other American.
Reduce service member & veteran suicide by using enhanced data insights, focused client acquisition, and best-in-class suicide intervention services. 40% reduction by 2030.
We know there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution.
When you reach out to Stop Soldier Suicide, you’ll be connected with a wellness coordinator who will provide personalized attention, support, and assistance. We respect the value of personal information and handle yours with the utmost care.
Together, we’ll develop a plan to help you navigate the challenges you’re facing and empower you to move forward.
- One-On-One Assessment – There isn’t a ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution. What works for one person may not be right for another. Our wellness coordinators work with you to identify your specific needs.
- Veteran–Centered Action Plan – Wellness coordinators work with you to develop a roadmap for effectively identifying next steps and getting back to feeling your life is worth living.
- Individualized Tools & Solutions – Some service members and veterans find that alternative therapies — such as yoga and meditation — help them cope with issues like PTSD, while others may respond better to talk therapy. We identify the right solutions for you. If we don’t have a resource to meet your needs, we’ll do our best to locate one.
- Follow–Up Care & Long–Term Assistance – Our wellness coordinators track your progress for as long as is needed. We’ll be by your side to ensure you receive the help you need and the support you deserve. We won’t let you go it alone.
World-class suicide intervention service is our standard.
Stop Soldier Suicide is a certified STRONG STAR Network provider, an honor reserved for individuals and organizations that demonstrate expertise in the implementation of Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD and Prolonged Exposure for PTSD for combat related PTSD.
Trauma Informed Care is how we lead.
Stop Soldier Suicide offers our clients leading care by incorporating Trauma Sensitivity. Providers are Certified Clinical Trauma Specialists, an honor reserved for individuals who master learning the essential components for safely and effectively treating traumatic stress. This honor demonstrates expertise in trauma treatment to maximize outcomes. This mastery is essential in treating all anxiety disorders including PTSD.
Under the leadership of the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, STRONG STAR Network providers have treated more veterans and service members utilizing these therapies than anyone in the country.
Know the Warning Signs
Check for these warning signs to determine if a loved one is at risk for suicide, especially if the behavior is new, has increased, or seems related to a painful event, loss, or change.
- Talking about wanting to die or killing themselves
- Looking for a way to kill themselves, like searching online
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain
- Talking about being a burden to others
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs
- Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Withdrawing or isolating themselves
- Repetitive stressful events
- Extreme mood swings
Tell Roger About Your Experience
We'd love to hear about your experience with this organization. Please consider leaving a review to help us make Roger the best resource for veterans.Leave a Review