Somerset County Veteran Affairs
About Somerset County Veteran Affairs
- Provides counsel, information, and referral to county veterans of military service and their families.
- Assists with the application process for benefits from the Veterans Administration and other federal and state agencies.
- Orchestrates the issuance of internment memorial markers and grave flags.
- Maintains a close liaisonship with county veterans’ organizations.
- Provides assistance for memorial and patriotic ceremonies.
Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) provides rapid re-housing to homeless veterans in addition to keeping veteran households from losing their housing when they are facing eviction. We assist in the housing search; provide access to emergency housing when possible in the interim; intervene with landlords; provide support and case management services that can include assistance with medical care, mental health or substance use treatment, child care, and job training. Temporary financial assistance may also be available to help with such expenses as security deposits, back rent, utility payments or bedding and household essentials.
Please call 855-483-8466 or email SSVF@communityhope-nj.org.
Please visit our website at: https://www.communityhope-nj.org/what-we-do/hope-for-veterans/supportive-services-for-veteran-families-ssvf/
For veterans and their families who are homeless or at risk of being homeless, the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program at Soldier On continues to be operational via phone. Veterans needing enrollment into the program and services can call their 24/7 hotline at 866-406-8449.
Tell Roger About Your Experience
We'd love to hear about your experience with this organization. Please consider leaving a review to help us make Roger the best resource for veterans.Leave a Review