Return to Search  |  Print Page  |  Review Listing  |  Your Organization? Claim It

20 Washington Place, Room 433
Newark, NJ 07102
Get Directions

Serving All NJ Counties

Become A Member Veteran Benefits Brochure Scholarship Program

About Paralyzed Veterans of America

Are you a veteran with a disability seeking benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs? You and your family member can get assistance with filing VA benefits claims and other services from Paralyzed Veterans of America – free of charge.

Veterans with Spinal Cord Injury and Disease (SCI/D), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), and other service-connected injuries or conditions can seek help by contacting the Veterans Benefits Department within one of our National Service Offices. We have over 70 offices nationwide for your convenience.

  • Vocational rehabilitation for veterans seeking employment
  • Health benefits, such as prosthetics, home care and mental health treatment
  • Housing and auto grants for veterans with qualifying disabilities
  • VA Pension, survivor benefits and more

Eligibility Requirements

PVA membership is open to anyone who:

  • is a citizen of the United States or its territories;
  • is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and whose discharge was other than dishonorable; AND
  • has a spinal cord injury or disease (SCI/D).

Related diseases include:

  • Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
  • Cauda equina syndrome
  • Multiple sclerosis (MS) involving the spinal cord
  • Poliomyelitis
  • Spina bifida
  • Spinal cord tumor
  • Severe spinal stenosis (causing neurological impairment)
  • Syringomyelia
  • Transverse myelitis

We welcome veterans with service-connected and non-service-connected disabilities. If your condition is not listed here, please contact

Tell Roger About Your Experience

We'd love to hear about your experience with this organization. Please consider leaving a review to help us make Roger the best resource for veterans.

Leave a Review of Paralyzed Veterans of America

Leave a Review of Paralyzed Veterans of America

Paralyzed Veterans of America
20 Washington Place, Room 433
Newark, NJ 07102