33 Washington St
Newark, NJ 07102
Serving All NJ Counties
About NPower - Newark
NPower New Jersey is located in the epicenter of a rapidly growing technology scene at New Jersey City University and just expanded to downtown Newark. The program is unique in that we serve two populations: military veterans and young adults from underserved communities. Our students enter our program either under-employed or unemployed.
In today’s economy, every company needs skilled IT talent. We have a proven track record of training the tech skills demanded by the marketplace, and engaging businesses, volunteers and nonprofits in the long-term success of our students. The NPower free signature training model includes:
Tech Fundamentals – A 23-week program comprised of 16-weeks in-class technical instruction and
professional skill building, followed by a seven-week paid internship. Coursework focuses on basic tech
competencies needed for entry level IT employment.
- The technical portion of the curriculum focuses on training students to pass the Comp ITF and CompTIA A+ (1001 and 1002) certification exams so they industry-recognized certifications and IT fundamentals to successfully advance in the IT industry.
- Once the A+ curriculum has been mastered, additional topics are introduced to give students an understanding of other more specialized skills. These topics are modularized to enable the program to be dynamically adapted to the rapidly changing needs of the commercial workplace.
Cyber Security – A 26-week advanced training program comprised of full day training and inclusive of 14-weeks technical instruction, professional development and culminates with a twelve-week paid internship. Coursework focuses on comprehensive competency building needed for entry-level cybersecurity roles and/or middle management IT networking employment opportunities.
- The technical portion of the curriculum focuses on training students to pass the CompTIA Security+ and Linux+ certification exams so they have industry-recognized certifications and to successfully advance in the IT industry while creating upward mobility within their digital career.
Veteran & Spouse Eligibility:
- Over 21 years of age
- Currently serving or honorably discharged
- Spouse of a military veteran
- Legally authorized to work in the US
Tell Roger About Your Experience
We'd love to hear about your experience with this organization. Please consider leaving a review to help us make Roger the best resource for veterans.Leave a Review of NPower - Newark