North Hudson Community Action Corporation
Union City, NJ 07087 Get Directions
About North Hudson Community Action Corporation
Committed to Ending Veteran Homelessness
Supportive Services for Veterans Families
The SSVF Program focuses on securing or maintaining existing housing for Veteran households who are currently homeless or are at risk of losing housing and becoming homeless “but for” SSVF assistance. Client-centered case management and other services (employment, housing counseling, financial education, health and dental care, mental health, substance abuse counseling, etc.) are provided to ensure Veterans receive the ongoing attention and care they need. Short-term financial assistance (legal, child care, transportation, security payments, rental assistance, utility payments and moving costs) may be available to eligible Veteran Families to assist in gaining housing stability and remaining stably housed after this temporary assistance ends.
SSVF Eligibility Requirements:
- Individual/Head of household or his/her spouse must be a United States Veteran who served in active military, naval, or air service and discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.
- Individual/Family must fall below 50% of Area Median Income.
HOMES FOR HEROES (HFH) PROGRAM
The HFH Program provides housing and supportive services on a long-term basis for homeless veterans
with disabilities (mental illness, problems with alcohol and/or drugs, physical, and acquired immune
deficiency syndrome (AIDS) or related diseases) and their families.
Families are housed in an 18-unit permanent supportive housing development in Union City, NJ.
HFH Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must have documented proof of a long-term disability resulting mainly from serious mental illness, alcohol and/or drug abuse, or an HIV positive medical condition.
- Must be motivated for case management services.
- Must have an honorable discharge and be eligible for VA services.
25 East Salem Street, 6th Floor
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Tell Roger About Your Experience
We'd love to hear about your experience with this organization. Please consider leaving a review to help us make Roger the best resource for veterans.Leave a Review