Home For The Brave
About Home For The Brave
Home For The Brave is the only low demand housing program for veterans in New Jersey. With a focus on harm reduction and trauma-informed care principles, the purpose of Home For The Brave is to provide supportive housing and supportive services to veterans experiencing homelessness with the goal of helping them to achieve residential stability, increase their skill levels and/or income, and obtain greater self-determination.
In partnership with a designated VA Liaison and other veterans’ service providers, Home For The Brave provides the following services to our resident veterans :
- 24/7 access to on-site support staff
- Connection to veteran and mainstream benefits and entitlements
- Support in financial planning, budgeting, and tenant education
- Assistance with healthcare enrollment and obtaining state identification
- Referral to treatment programs for mental health, behavioral health, and substance use disorders
Must be determined a veteran who is eligible for VA medical benefits, and whose homelessness meets the HEARTH Definition of Homelessness. Veterans must also be assessed by Health Care for Homeless Veterans program staff at their local VA Medical Center, and have a substance use disorder or dependence.
Tell Roger About Your Experience
We'd love to hear about your experience with this organization. Please consider leaving a review to help us make Roger the best resource for veterans.Leave a Review