Gloucester County Veteran Affairs
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday - 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday - CLOSED
About Gloucester County Veteran Affairs
Since 1998, the Gloucester County Commissioner Board has been working to improve the services that are available to our Veterans and their families. To that end, we have increased our Office of Veterans Affairs from a part-time office to a full-time office.
We continually work with the Veterans Administration to offer more convenient services at the Veterans Affairs Health care Clinic at the County Complex at Five Points in Sewell, we opened the beautiful Gloucester County Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Monroe Township and had the first interment on October 6, 2004, and we continue to proudly honor our Veterans with the Gloucester County Military Service Medal at an annual ceremony to show our deep appreciation for their sacrifices.
- Agent Orange
- Appeals of Claims
- Burial Benefits
- Claims (Forms)
- Compensation (Disabled Veterans)
- Correction of Records (Military)
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (Death)
- Disability Compensation
- Educational Benefits
- Gloucester County Military Service Medal
- Gloucester County Veterans Memorial Cemetery
- Loans (Home and Educational)
- Nursing Home Care
- Pension (Widow, widower and Veteran)
- Physical Examinations
- Presidential Memorial Certificate
- Prisoners of War
- Small Business Administration
- Soldier’s and Sailor’s Civil Relief Act
- State Benefits
- Tax Exemptions
- Transportation to Veterans Hospitals
- VA Healthcare
- Veteran’s Preference (State and Federal)
- Veteran’s Re-employment Rights
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- Free Wills for Veterans:
- The Gloucester County Office of Veterans Affairs, through an attorney, provides free simple wills to active military personnel and veterans who served in active duty, other than for training, and were honorably discharged. This program is for Gloucester County residents 59 years of age or younger. A Simple Free Will is an uncomplicated will that does not involve trusts or other complex estate plans. County residents 60 years or older can receive a simple Free Will by calling the County’s Division of Senior Services 856-384-6900.
- Veterans Transportation:
- Eligibility Requirements:
- All veterans must provide Gloucester County Transportation with either a copy of a DD-214 or honorable discharge papers to be eligible for the service. Documentation can be mailed to the Division of Transportation Services at Route 45 and Budd Boulevard Woodbury or faxed to 856-686-8361. Proper documentation must be received prior to transport.
- Service Options:
- Option Number 1:
Shuttle bus service to the Veterans Affairs (VA) Hospital in Philadelphia will be provided Monday through Thursday. There is no shuttle bus service offered on Fridays. Service is provided in coordination with Camden and Cumberland Counties. The shuttle bus arrives at the VA Hospital at 10 am and departs at 1 pm. Eligible veterans are picked up at home and are transported to one of two transfer points to board the shuttle bus.
- Option Number 2:
The Gloucester County Disabled American Veterans (DAV) organization, Chapter 64, A.N.U. Garrison 52, secured a van to offer veterans expanded afternoon shuttle service to the VA Hospital. This service is provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 pm to 4:30 pm Eligible veterans are picked up at home and are transported to a specified transfer point prior to proceeding to the VA Hospital. In addition, Friday DAV shuttle service operates from 8:30 am to 3 pm to the Clinic located at:
211 County House Road
Sewell, NJ 08080
- Option Number 1:
- Transportation to the VA Hospital in Delaware:
- Transportation to the VA Hospital in Delaware (Elsmere) is offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. All veterans are picked up at their homes and are transported directly to the VA Hospital for 9 am and returned at 2:30 pm. No service is offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Additional service to medical appointments non-VA affiliated, is provided to all veterans. Veterans must call a minimum of three working days prior, and no more than one month in advance to schedule a ride.
- Helpful Resources:
- Dispatcher: Monday through Friday: 7 am to 4:30 pm
- Scheduling Hours: Monday through Friday: 8:30 am to 4 pm
- To schedule a ride, please call 856-686-8350
- To confirm a ride, please call 856-686-8359
- For more information about our service, please call 856-686-8355
- Eligibility Requirements:
Tell Roger About Your Experience
We'd love to hear about your experience with this organization. Please consider leaving a review to help us make Roger the best resource for veterans.Leave a Review