Military & Family Support Center 3435 Broidy Road
McGuire AFB, NJ 08641
Serving All NJ Counties
About Air Force Aid Society
AFAS provides emergency assistance to Airmen and Air Force families when unexpected financial emergencies arise with no-interest loans and grants that provide financial services for the Air Force, Airmen and families. These financial assistance programs help meet immediate financial emergency needs and help make a positive step toward a lasting financial solution.
AFAS Standard Assistance may be in the form of no-interest loan or grant. The purpose is to help stabilize the member’s emergency financial situation in order to solve a problem, so the member can focus on the Air Force mission. A budget is required and payment is made to the final vendor/recipient (i.e. landlord for rent, mechanic for car repairs, etc).
Air Force Falcon Loan
The Air Force Falcon Loan from the Air Force Aid Society is intended for a more focused spectrum of emergency situations such as emergency financial help with rental or utility assistance. The Air Force Falcon Loan is also appropriate for:
- Rental and utility bill emergency assistance
- Vehicle Expenses
- Emergency Travel
- Emergency Medical and Dental Expenses
- Child Care Expenses
The AFAS Falcon Loan program is a streamlined process to provide Active Duty Air Force Members and Air Force Reserve with expedited financial assistance for financial emergencies. Less information is required to apply for this loan, but the loan amount cannot exceed $1,000.
The Falcon Loan was created as a complement to the AFAS Standard Assistance program. Receiving a Falcon Loan does not make an Airman ineligible to receive Standard Assistance if another financial emergency occurs while working to repay a Falcon Loan.
The AFAS Falcon Loan is available to:
- Active duty Air Force personnel (including spouses with Power of Attorney when the service member is away from his/her duty station)
- Air National Guard or Air Force Reserve personnel on extended active duty over 15 days under Title 10 USC (assistance is limited to emergencies incidental to, or resulting from applicant’s active duty tour)
- Air National Guard personnel on Title 32 USC 502(f) Full-Time Active Guard Reserve (ANG) orders
- Service members with no existing outstanding loan balance to AFAS
Tell Roger About Your Experience
We'd love to hear about your experience with this organization. Please consider leaving a review to help us make Roger the best resource for veterans.Leave a Review of Air Force Aid Society
Leave a Review of Air Force Aid Society
Air Force Aid SocietyMilitary & Family Support Center 3435 Broidy Road
McGuire AFB, NJ 08641