83 Old Turnpike Rd
PO BOX 305
Oldwick,, NJ 08858
Serving All NJ Counties
About Mane Stream
Located in Oldwick, New Jersey, just 2 miles off Route 78, Mane Stream is designated as a Premier Accredited Center of PATH Intl. (Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship, International) who provides education, accreditation, and resources for the equine assisted activities industry and a member facility of AHA, Inc. (American Hippotherapy Association, Inc.) who provide education and resources for those who integrate hippotherapy into their patients’ plans of care.
The Mane Stream mission is to improve the quality of life for individuals with physical, developmental, emotional and medical challenges through a diverse program of equine assisted activities, therapy services and educational initiatives.
WHAT WE OFFER
- THERAPY SERVICES:
Mane Stream’s occupational, physical, speech-language, and mental health professionals use a variety of therapy strategies in sessions to help achieve a client’s goals and objectives. Our therapists are cross-trained in the movement and behavior of the horse and how it it can be applied during a therapy session. Mane Stream’s therapists are devoted to improving the daily lives of the clients and families they work with. The unique combination of an on-site clinic, farm environment, and the use of the horse provides a one of a kind therapy setting.
- ADAPTIVE RIDING:
Adaptive riding lessons use adaptive teaching techniques and/or equipment to help riders learn riding and horsemanship skills through instruction from a PATH Intl. Certified Instructor. Riders may be assisted by volunteers to lead the horse or walk along with the rider when necessary. The goal of riding is for each rider to become as independent as possible. Our instructors customize lessons to each rider’s needs. The horses in our program are calm and dependable, and are capable of helping our riders walk, trot, canter, and even jump. Our horses also enjoy trail rides and games.
- OPERATION: TAKE THE REINS:
OPERATION: Take the Reins is a program for veterans to provide beneficial interactions with horses. Our program options are designed to reduce stress, combat isolation and depression, and encourage a healthy and active lifestyle. This program is FREE to all veterans with funding provided through grants and private donors.
- HORSES FOR HEALING:
A FREE equine assisted activities program for those living with, recovering from and living life after cancer. Whether during treatment or post-treatment, many cancer patients and survivors feel the need for activities that remove them temporarily from the demands of treatment schedules, medical professionals and even the anxious concern of friends and family members. We recognize this unique situation and provide a healthy outlet for children and adults. Horses for Healing offers horsemanship, grooming and bonding time with the horses, and adaptive riding instruction. Horses for Healing gives participants a broad experience at Mane Stream.
- MANE STREAM SUMMER CAMP:
Each summer Mane Stream holds an inclusive day camp program for children with disabilities, their siblings, and their typically developing peers. The camp has attained full approval as a youth camp from both state and county health departments and NJ PerformCare approved. In addition to daily riding lessons and learning horsemanship skills, campers participate in games, crafts, and other equine activities.
- FIELD TRIPS:
- GROUPS: The specially trained staff at Mane Stream offers activities tailored to the ability level and ages of your group (schools, scouts, clubs, and senior citizens). Learn about responsibility, teamwork, and social skills in an inclusive environment. Activities may include making treats or feeding, grooming and tacking, leading a horse through an obstacle course, and a quick riding experience (optional).
- INDIVIDUALS: Community Based Instruction (CBI) is educational instruction in naturally occurring community environments providing “real life experiences” for students. The goal is to provide a variety of hands-on learning opportunities at all age levels to help students acquire the skills to live in the world today. 6-10 week sessions partnering with teachers/advisors or personal aids.
Come learn in a safe and relaxed environment!
- PATH international Accredited Center
- Guidestar Platinum Transparency 2021
- Guardian Equus Foundation 2021
Tell Roger About Your Experience
We'd love to hear about your experience with this organization. Please consider leaving a review to help us make Roger the best resource for veterans.Leave a Review of Mane Stream